By Saturday, December 3, 2016, complete and post your assignment to the Discussion Area.
By the end of the week, comment on at least two of your classmates’ submissions. Remember that your replies should help your classmates expand, clarify, defend, and/or refine their work. You can ask questions and use declarative sentences to express your thoughts. Be sure to be honest, clear, and concise, referring to specific words and passages from your classmates’ work. Always use constructive language, and avoid negative language; work toward using a tone and spirit of intellectual curiosity and discovery. Your responses to your peers’ writing should include specifics if you are attempting to make a point.
Respond to the following:
Tennessee Williams provides extensive and detailed stage directions for The Glass Menagerie. Readers are given a very specific account of the play’s setting.
- Review the stage directions and, in your discussion post, identify the most important aspects of the setting.
- Then, consider how these elements contribute to the central ideas of the play.
- Does the setting symbolically reflect the conflicts faced by the characters?
- Does it constrain and limit the characters?
- Does it represent their desires and motivations?
Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.