Assignment can only be done by reading the book. Thanks
Introduction to Essay: 1
In Tolstoy’s novel The Death of Ivan Ilych, Tolstoy points out that “preparation for death begins with a proper attitude towards life”.
Essay: 1 writing Process (develop organizational pattern)
· Writing Purpose: To examine
· Connect ideas with transitional expressions (For example, for instance, specifically
· In addition, furthermore
· To examine means to view ideas from all sides by explaining more than one point of view.
· To explain means make clear, by analyzing and clarifying using cause-effect relationships that demonstrate reasons why.
ESSAY:1 WRITING PROCESS: (CREATE YOUR ESSAY DRAFT BASED UPON THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS)
· Introduction should provide background information that lead into (THESIS SENTENCE).
· How does Ivan approach the inevitability of death?
· How does Ivan approach ending his established relationships?
· How does Ivan’s emotion process from sheer terror to utter joy?
· What is Ivan’s avoidance of death based upon?
· How does Ivan make sense of death while living?
· What is the compromise Ivan makes with the power of death?
ESSAY: 1 Purpose: examine the inevitability of death
· Broad TOPIC: Death
· Select a LIMITED Topic
· Organize the Body Content of the ESSAY by using (definition, examples, comparisons, and contrast, cause /effect)
· Use the 7 questions above ; (answer the questions in the body content of your essay)
· Formulate a thesis sentence (INTRODUCTION)
· Support your thesis with facts, statistics, expert opinions using examples, definitions, comparisons and contrast, cause/effect
· use ( 3) sources (in-text citation)include the novel as one source
· Length (5) double space pages (Body Content)
· MLA style (Works Cited ) (1) page
· One Draft Reviewed and edited by NET-TUTOR or BCCC TUTORS (UPLOAD)OCT. 26
· Final (Essay:1 Due Date) PROF. MASON NOV. 30, 2014
· Cover page (1) Page
· Total number of pages (7)