This assignment is based on you choosing two possible career choices you would recommend to an employee, client or professional contact.
Here’s the situation: You are to choose two possible career choices. Your report should include the following:
Information and background about your two career choices. Research from at least six credible sources to inform your audience and to support the recommendation(s)
APA citations for all researched information (in-text parenthetical citations and a reference list at the end of the report)
You will need to conduct outside research and cite your sources using APA citations. Conclude the formal report by making recommendations to your audience. Your report MUST be formatted as a formal report.
Part One (Due Week 6) Table of Contents and Introduction
Your assignment this week is to write your formal report’s table of contents and introduction, using formal formatting. To complete this assignment, you will need to have a good plan in place for your formal report. I encourage you to use the three-step process we’ve been studying this session. (The formal report is due in its entirety at the end of week 8. In week 6, only the table of contents and introduction are due.)
In week 6, your assignment should include the following:
- A table of contents using formal report formatting. (Note that page numbers are not necessary this week, as you will not have written the actual report yet. Page numbers should be added next week, though, when you complete the report.)
- The table of contents should include first- and second-level headings, like the example on page 437 in chapter 15.
- Include an introductory section featuring the following four parts (see page 439 in chapter 15 for an example.
- Purpose, Scope, and Limitations
- Sources and Methods
- Report Organization
- Identify at least six credible sources you will use in your proposal in the “Sources and Methods” section.
- Use formal report formatting.
Be free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.