Using Deborah Siegel’s text Sisterhood Interrupted as your primary source of analysis:
1. How did the 2nd wave of feminism identify sexist oppression?
- What were the specific strategies employed and how were they successful?
- What were the specific fractures or splits in that movement?
- How did racism and classism play a part in that movement?
2. What were the organizing principles of the 3rd wave of the feminist movement?
- How did it evolve and break with the 2nd wave?
- Were there fractures in this wave, and where did they fall?
- Were race and class an issue in this wave of the movement?
3. Identify any gains or successes in both waves of the feminist movement?
4. How have these movements improved gender relations in the USA, and have they in any way impacted racism or classism in America?