Mixed racial and cultural groups are growing in the United States. Should each group expect to be treated as a separate entity, or should residents of the United States be considered Americans without the hyphen?
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 3 PARTS TO THIS ASSIGNMENT AND I NEED THEM ON 3 DIFFERENT WORD DOCUMENTS.
IVE ATTACHED THE TITLE PAGE AND THE TOPIC PROPOSAL PAGE
An annotated bibliography compels preliminary research. The document should constitute a list of resources that will support your research paper. Each of the resources should be cited in the APA format and should include a brief paragraph-length summary and evaluation of the resource contents. To fulfill the research component of this assignment, you should:
- Conduct at least two searches using any of the databases in the Ashford Library (revisit Database Tutorials).
- Locate at least five sources that will help you support the topics and arguments you plan to present in your research paper.
- Make certain the sources you select are appropriate for an academic research paper (revisit Section 5.6 Evaluating Information and Evidence in Writing College Research Papers and the Evaluating Internet Sources tutorial in the Ashford Online Library).
- Take care to arrange your resources in alphabetical order by authors’ last names and format the citations in APA style (revisit: Sample Annotated Bibliography).
Word Range: 500-700 words
Draft a formal outline for the research paper you intend to write. Please complete most of your preliminary research on your topic before you draft your outline. Develop a full-sentence outline in the APA style (see pages 2-3 of the Ashford Outline Sample). Be sure to leverage any useful feedback you received on your Research Paper Project Plan (in Discussion 2). You may also find the Ashford Writing Center’s Thesis Generator and Outline Form helpful in the completion of this assignment.
Word Range: 200-500 words
This week you will be creating and submitting a partial draft of your research paper.
Your partial draft must contain at least five pages of content, featuring:
- A title page and a reference page (based upon your annotated bibliography).
- An introduction that features a thesis statement that is clearly articulated and appropriately argumentative and/or analytical. Ideally, the introduction should be a single, compelling paragraph.
- At least three pages of double-spaced text demonstrating at least one fully fleshed-out and research-supported argument. (Note: Your text should feature in-text citations that leverage at least two different sources cited in your reference page.)
- Carefully-written work with relatively few errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Properly documented citations and formatting according to the APA style.
The purpose of the partial draft is to make sure you are making satisfactory progress on your research paper. If you find that you are struggling to complete the draft, make sure that you have read and reviewed this week’s required activities. Additionally, consider contacting your instructor for additional one-on-one guidance.
Word Range: 750-900 words